Sedation dentistry refers to the use of sedatives to calm and relax a patient prior to and during a dental appointment.
There are different degrees of sedatives, each corresponding to a level of relaxation which ranges from minimal, moderate, to deep sedation. In general, minimal sedation refers to a patient who has reduced anxiety but is readily responds to verbal or physical stimulation. With moderate sedation the patient is even more relaxed, and will respond to purposeful stimulation. In deep sedation, the patient may not exhibit any signs of consciousness and therefore be unresponsive to stimulation.
At our clinic you can wake up to a more healthy and beautiful smile with amazingly comfortable sedation dentistry. Sedation Dentistry is typically for patients who have these concerns:
- They are afraid of needles & shots.
- They’ve had bad experiences before.
- They’ve not been to the dentist in a long time.
- They often gag when having dental work done.
- They don’t seem to get numb after anesthetic.